Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

So unfortunately my Halloween costume didn't come out as amazing as I had planned, mostly because I was sick the week before Halloween and only had a day instead of a week to make it. But I did manage to make enough to actually wear.

Here's a picture where the colors are more accurate but I look horrible:

So I went as Elaine from the Monkey Island games (which if you haven't played you should!). Mitch went as Guybrush Threepwood. We decided to go as the characters from the first game, which was made when games were still all pixelated (and just better). So I made my costume pixelated. The skirt jutted out into squares and the top had ruffles (you can't really see them) that were squared off. We also made our own wigs using felt as the hair so it looked cartoony. Mitch had a pixelated wig but I didn't have enough time to make his costume.
Next year I'm starting at the beginning of October. I've already learned my lesson and I'm going to start my Thanksgiving day outfit now. Last year I did that last minute too (although it came out awesome).
We ended up going to a murder mystery party for Halloween which was fun, but I've been around Mitch too much to not notice when a game is poorly designed. So that took some of the fun out of it, but the people were fun which made up for the bad game. Overall I had a great Halloween. Anyone do anything particularly fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment