Monday, November 23, 2009

Project Runway Finale - Carol Hannah - Part 2

Look 7:

This has to be my favorite dress from all of the runway shows of Project Runway. I don't care what she says about it being a show piece I would totally wear that. The shape is completely new, and I'm shocked they didn't compliment her more on it.
Look 8:

The tops really cute, I like how it opens up like that. It also has very pretty detailing. It's too bad she didn't do anything more casual or I'm sure she would have placed higher.
Look 9:

It's pretty, the color's pretty, the draping's pretty but that's really all it is. Just pretty. I was impressed it was her 13th look, but then realized jersey is super easy to work in, especially for fit so no real kudos for that.
Look 10:

Blah. Boring and the sash is ugly. Although with that fabric simple was probably the best way to go.
Look 11:

The more I look at this one the more I like it. It most definitely evokes her fairy tale inspiration, the cape is super cute. I love the color and would definitely wear it. I wish I could say the same for the shorts. They're way to high on the waist and I think would look much better if they were made out of a different fabric. Just too much volume which in shorts isn't really a great look.
Look 12:

Love love love love love. I have no idea why this wasn't mentioned at judging, or why they didn't show it being mentioned at judging. It's a beautiful dress, but more than that it shows artistry and innovation. I've never seen anything like that, and it's still completely wearable. It's difficult to make something that is both innovative and wearable. Grump to you judges. I also really like the styling particularly on this one.
Look 13:

I'm a little confused why she did this as her finale piece. It's pretty much exactly the same as the dress she did for the first challenge, with a more elaborate skirt, and the judges sent her back as safe for that challenge. I could understand going back to it if they loved it. It's not that flattering. The color is off and boring. Her other dresses are beautiful and this one just looks overworked and unflattering.

Overall I thought her collection definitely "told a story" and deserved to win. It's the most different when compared to what else is out there right now and isn't that something that should be rewarded? But it seems like cute, pretty clothes that women want to wear aren't going to win out over the all black "innovative" collection (Irina, Jillian vs. Christian).

No comments:

Post a Comment