Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shoe Tutorial - Inspired from the Runway

I really loved these shoes from the Valentino 2009 couture show. Of course I can never actually afford any designer shoes so I decided to find a way to make them myself.

I started by going to the thrift store and finding some cheap plain black heels. I ended up getting a pair for only $5! Then I got some silver spray paint, trim, and glue.

(the second pair of shoes are for a second DIY project that I haven't gotten around to making yet)
First step was spray painting the shoes silver. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted, but I think I like this way better anyway.

The third step is adding the trim to the shoes.

To do this I first measured where I wanted to the trim to go while wearing the shoes. Once I figured out where to attach the trim in the front I glued it and let it dry overnight (or I might have used velcro because I didn't have the patience to let it dry that long, but I do recommend actually having patience :-P).
After it dries I wrapped the trim over the top of my feet and attached it to the back of the shoes. Again I glued it and let it dry overnight. The final result:

I love love love them and actually wear them a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment